We are officially out of the newborn stage and these are the products that we used constantly during the first three months of John-John’s life. I know every baby and every parent is different, but these are what worked great for us! I found lists like this really helpful while figuring out what to register for. Hopefully this is helpful if you are expecting a baby or know someone who is.
For Sleep & Snuggles:
- Bibs Pacifiers: The tiny “newborn” pacifiers never stayed in his mouth so we switched to these early on and they have been great!
- Hatch Sound Machine: I resisted using a sound machine, but it made a big difference, especially in him going down for naps.
- Ollie Swaddle: There are lots of options for baby straitjackets. This is the one we have and it worked great.
- Washable Waterproof Mattress Pad: One of the most helpful gifts we received! JJ ended up sleeping with us often and between breastfeeding, diaper blowouts, postpartum sweating, etc. we were washing our sheets constantly. These soft pads were perfect for him and I to sleep on and easy to throw in the wash in the morning. Buy at least two so you always have a clean one!
- Burt’s Bees Fitted Crib Sheets: Super soft and cute prints.
- Motorola Video Monitor: I like the large screen that makes it easy to see him breathing and the ability to move the camera from the monitor.
- Burt’s Bees Jammies: John-John still sleeps in baby nightgowns because they are so comfy and easy for diaper changes.
- Saranoni Lush Blanket: The softest blanket I’ve ever felt. We have the toddler size which is a little big to use as a car seat blanket, but great for snuggling on the couch.
- Haakaa: Great to “pump” without actually pumping.
- Nara Baby Tracker App: In the first couple months it was impossible for me to remember how long it’d been since I fed him. This app was really helpful for that.
- Angelcare Baby Bath Support: Keeps a slippery baby upright so they can kick and splash freely.
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer Seat: Awesome for moving around the house with you.
- Tiny Love Toy Arch: This arch on the bouncer seat above makes a fun combo that keeps him entertained for a while.
- Lovevery Play Gym: We use this many times per day and I love that it is fairly stylish to have out on the floor.
- Reversible Soft Playmat: We have hard wood floors and this is perfect to put the play gym (above) on. I anticipate it’ll be great as he gets older, too.
- Fisher Price Cradle ‘n Swing: For a while this was the only thing he’d nap in. It was also such a convenient place to be able to set him down happily for a while so I could do something like prep dinner.
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer: A rubber changer that easily wipes down (really helpful for little boys).
- Gathre Micro: Stylish and wipeable transportable changing mat.
- Lo & Sons Backpack: I got this on super sale the spring I was pregnant and use it without the organizer insert as my diaper bag. I love that it’s a backpack, has pockets on the sides for bottles/water, I can use it as my purse, and Pat doesn’t mind carrying it.
- UPPABaby Car Seat: I love simple and this clips into the stroller- sold.
- UPPABaby Vista Stroller: An investment, but it is a super smooth ride for baby and can be used for multiple kids. I especially love that the handle extends which is crucial for taller parents so you’re not kicking the bottom when you walk. We’ve clocked a ton of miles on this thing already.
- Stroller Organizer: Convenient for all the random things you bring along, including a water bottle.
- Winter Car Seat Cover: Highly recommend for babies born during cooler seasons. I loved strapping him into his seat, putting a blanket on him, then zipping this up. It holds everything in so he’s warm and toasty from the house to the car.
- Baby Car Mirror: Really handy if I need to reach behind me and put his pacifier back in at a red light.
- Baby Bjorn Carrier Free: We started using this immediately after he was born around the house and for walks and hikes. It’s pricey, but the back support makes it comfortable as baby gets bigger.
- Hush Portable Sound Machine: An easy sound machine to clip onto the carseat or use while travelling.
- Baby Booties: These stay on great! I’d put them over his footie outfits so he was extra toasty while outside.
- OxyClean Spray: We haven’t run into a stain this won’t get out.
- Promptly Journal: I wasn’t sure if I’d like the prompt format of this journal, but now I really appreciate the guided questions that help me think of things to include.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like: