We are officially out of the newborn stage and these are the products that we used constantly during the first three months of John-John’s life. I know every baby and every parent is different, but these are what worked great for us! I found lists like this really helpful while figuring out what to register for. Hopefully this is helpful if you are expecting a baby or know someone who is 🤍⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For Sleep & Snuggles:
- Bibs Pacifiers: The tiny “newborn” pacifiers never stayed in his mouth so we switched to these early on and they have been great!
- Taking Cara Babies Class: I will do another post on the classes I took that were helpful, but this sleep class was essential to me. For the most part, he has slept through the night since he was 8 weeks old.
- Hatch Sound Machine: I resisted using a sound machine, but it made a big difference, especially in him going down for naps.
- Ollie Swaddle: There are lots of options for baby straitjackets. This is the one we have and it worked great.
- Burt’s Bees Fitted Crib Sheets: Super soft and cute prints.
- Motorola Video Monitor: I like the large screen that makes it easy to see him breathing and the ability to move the camera from the monitor.
- Burt’s Bees Jammies: John-John still sleeps in baby nightgowns because they are so comfy and easy for diaper changes.
- Saranoni Lush Blanket: The softest blanket I’ve ever felt. We have the toddler size which is a little big to use as a car seat blanket, but great for snuggling on the couch.
- Haakaa: Great to “pump” without actually pumping.
- Nara Baby Tracker App: In the first couple months it was impossible for me to remember how long it’d been since I fed him. This app was really helpful for that.
- Angelcare Baby Bath Support: Keeps a slippery baby upright so they can kick and splash freely.
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer Seat: Awesome for moving around the house with you.
- Tiny Love Toy Arch: This arch on the bouncer seat above makes a fun combo that keeps him entertained for a while.
- Lovevery Play Gym: We use this many times per day and I love that it is fairly stylish to have out on the floor.
- Reversible Soft Playmat: We have hard wood floors and this is perfect to put the play gym (above) on. I anticipate it’ll be great as he gets older, too.
- Fisher Price Cradle ‘n Swing: For a while this was the only thing he’d nap in. It was also such a convenient place to be able to set him down happily for a while so I could do something like prep dinner.
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer: A rubber changer that easily wipes down (really helpful for little boys).
- Gathre Micro: Stylish and wipeable transportable changing mat.
- Lo & Sons Backpack: I got this on super sale the spring I was pregnant and use it without the organizer insert as my diaper bag. I love that it’s a backpack, has pockets on the sides for bottles/water, I can use it as my purse, and Pat doesn’t mind carrying it.
- UPPABaby Car Seat: I love simple and this clips into the stroller- sold.
- UPPABaby Vista Stroller: An investment, but it is a super smooth ride for baby and can be used for multiple kids. I especially love that the handle extends which is crucial for taller parents so you’re not kicking the bottom when you walk. We’ve clocked a ton of miles on this thing already.
- Stroller Organizer: Convenient for all the random things you bring along, including a water bottle.
- Winter Car Seat Cover: Highly recommend for babies born during cooler seasons. I loved strapping him into his seat, putting a blanket on him, then zipping this up. It holds everything in so he’s warm and toasty from the house to the car.
- Baby Car Mirror: Really handy if I need to reach behind me and put his pacifier back in at a red light.
- Baby Bjorn Carrier Free: We started using this immediately after he was born around the house and for walks and hikes. It’s pricey, but the back support makes it comfortable as baby gets bigger.
- Hush Portable Sound Machine: An easy sound machine to clip onto the carseat or use while travelling.
- Baby Booties: These stay on great! I’d put them over his footie outfits so he was extra toasty while outside.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- OxyClean Spray: We haven’t run into a stain this won’t get out.
- Promptly Journal: I wasn’t sure if I’d like the prompt format of this journal, but now I really appreciate the guided questions that help me think of things to include.